Learn all about the updated Salespeople payables module - what's changed, and how it might impact your Commission Billing processes on Rose Rocket
There’s some exciting changes to our Commission modules coming next week, on September 20.
Here's what you need to know:
- Navigation Bar & Module Names
- Lists View
- Items & Bills Tabs
- Bill Details View
- Assign commission item to an existing bill
- Step-By-Step Guides
Navigation Bar & Module Names
Following the update, the first thing you'll notice is that the names and placement of the accounting modules on the side navigation menu have changed:
- The Invoices & Bills section is now named Accounting
- The Invoices module has been added under a new Receivables section
- Instead of separate modules for Carrier Bills, Commission Bills, and Commission Items, the new Payables has been broken out by vendor type (Commissions = Salespeople)
Beyond the menu changes, Drivers, Fuel Purchases, and Receivables will remain the same.
However, Salespeople will have some added functionality.
Looking into the new Salespeople module, you’ll notice that the list view has been updated to have a similar look and feel as other modules in the app.
- Instead of showing all commission items on the list, only outstanding commissions (those not yet added to a bill) will show
- Commission items must be filtered by vendor (salesperson) - there is no longer a view to see all outstanding commissions
- Bill statuses have changed slightly:
- Before: Bill In Review, Bill Sent, Bill Approved, Bill Paid, Completed
- After: In Review, Approved, Partial, Paid, Archived
You'll also notice that Commission Bills & Commission Items has been combined into one Salespeople module, with two new tabs at the top of the List View: Items, and Bills.
Items & Bills Tabs
Where before you could only add one commission item to a commission bill, with these new changes you'll be able to add as many commission items to a bill as you want - removing the need for "consolidated bills".
This unlocks a number of bill management benefits, like the ability to:
- Combine multiple commission items into one bill
- Assign commission items to an existing bill
- Fewer Bill IDs to manage
Bill Details View
Clicking into the Bill Details view, there are a few updates designed to simplify your accounting processes:
- On bills with multiple commission items, you'll be able edit line items for each of them from this page, instead of clicking through to each individual commission bill
- In the "Adjustments & recurring payments" section, you'll be able to easily add items to the bill that weren't previously captured in the commission item
Assign Commissions To An Existing Bill
Where before a commission bill could only be made of outstanding commission bill items, now you have the flexibility to add outstanding commission items to a new bill or an existing bill.
Given these improvements, we know there may be some changes to common Accounts Payable tasks you perform on Rose Rocket.
To see exactly how to complete them in following these updates, we've prepared step-by-step guides for you here: