Learn more about our integration with Macropoint and how the software works with your Rose Rocket instance.
Rose Rocket is now integrated to Descartes MacroPoint to enable real-time track and trace and last known location. This integration allows MacroPoint’s GPS data to be mapped to Rose Rocket’s order and manifest data, allowing for two major benefits:
- Internal team members can now see accurate location data for manifests and orders right from within the TMS, allowing for better planning and faster response times.
- This information can be made available directly to customers, which means fewer phone calls and manual status updates for your team, and higher control and satisfaction for your customers.
Macropoint is only available when customers purchase the Manifest Module.
What does it look like?
Rose Rocket TMS Users:
For internal users, MacroPoint data will be available where your current last known location data is shown. It is updated when MacroPoint is updated, which is every 15 minutes.
MacroPoint data is used to track the driver in transit, which means it is only relevant for manifests that are in the “Moving” state. What this means on the Order side, is that you can see the location data in real-time from when an order has been marked as “In-Transit”, and until it has been “Delivered”.
For manifests that are assigned to drivers with MacroPoint, these are the areas you will see the data:
- Manifest Details: The location data will be available on the map within the manifest.
- Manifest List: You can see the location data under “Last seen” column.
- Order Details: You can see the location data on the map after an order has been picked up.
- Send Location & ETA: MacroPoint data will also be pre-populated when you choose to send an update to a customer. To do this, simply click on “Set ETA and Location”, and confirm the information you want to send to your customer. This information will be sent via an email that will include both the ETA and the location in which the order was last seen.
- Order List: Last known location will be populated using MacroPoint’s data.
Rose Rocket Customer Portal Users:
MacroPoint data in the form of a last known location, can be made available to your customers directly through the Customer Portal. This is optional and can be configured on a customer-by-customer basis.
To enable it for a customer, head to Customers, click into the customer you want to choose the setting for, and make sure the box for “Last Seen Location” is checked. By default, this is turned OFF for customers.
Once enabled, the last known location will be seen across the Order Details and Order List pages, just like internal users above.